Washington MAST Permit
get your MAST permit to sell and serve alcohol!

HomeWhat are the acceptable forms of ID to buy Alcohol in Washington?
State law limits the forms of identification that are acceptable for verifying the age of someone requesting to purchase alcohol. A valid ID must show date of birth, signature (except U.S. Military IDs), photo, and expiration date (except Tribal Enrollment Cards).  Currently, these forms of ID are acceptable in the state of Washington: 
  • Valid driver's license, instruction permit, or identification card of any state or province of Canada, or "identicard" issued by the Washington state department of licensing
  • Washington Temporary Driver License
  • A U.S. Military ID
  • An Official Passport
  • Merchant Marine ID card issued by the United States Coast Guard and
  • A Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card.
    All forms of ID listed above may not be used for age verification if the document has expired.
PSCC's Washington MAST Responsible Serving® course will teach you in more detail which are acceptable (and unacceptable) forms of ID.

Acceptable forms of ID to buy alcohol in Washington